LATEST: Heavy rainfall leaves roads flooded in Maidstone
Tuesday 20th July 2021
MAIDSTONE has been hit by a series of flash floods after heavy rain pelted the borough.
The Met Office warned that thunderstorms were developing this afternoon and a yellow warning is in place until midnight today (Tuesday), which may impact travel and power.
Ware Street in Bearsted is currently flooded near the railway bridge.
There are long delays on the M20 coastbound between J5 (Aylesford/A20) and J7 (Detling/A249) due to surface water on the carriageway.
The railway line at Maidstone East remains blocked towards Ashford but Network Rail is hopeful service will be restored by running on the opposite line. The tree is still blocking the line towards Ashford at Paddock Wood but services will run on the opposite line as well.
- LATEST: Ancient finds made at Otham homes site
- Councils ditch tax-payer funded plans for swanky £50m offices in Maidstone
- BUS INVESTIGATION: Passengers stumble as Arriva drivers 'take off' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Temporary lights on main road in Maidstone - details
- BOOK NOW: Comedian Paul Chowdhry to perform at The Hazlitt this week
- WARNING: Village road to shut tomorrow for ditch clearance works
- CCTV VIDEO: Man 'exposed himself in front garden' in Snodland
- 999 BLAZE: Fire destroys garage and cars near Maidstone