LATEST: Heavy rainfall leaves roads flooded in Maidstone
Tuesday 20th July 2021
MAIDSTONE has been hit by a series of flash floods after heavy rain pelted the borough.
The Met Office warned that thunderstorms were developing this afternoon and a yellow warning is in place until midnight today (Tuesday), which may impact travel and power.
Ware Street in Bearsted is currently flooded near the railway bridge.
There are long delays on the M20 coastbound between J5 (Aylesford/A20) and J7 (Detling/A249) due to surface water on the carriageway.
The railway line at Maidstone East remains blocked towards Ashford but Network Rail is hopeful service will be restored by running on the opposite line. The tree is still blocking the line towards Ashford at Paddock Wood but services will run on the opposite line as well.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone