LATEST: Maidstone COVID-19 rate drops below 50
Thursday 4th March 2021
MAIDSTONE'S COVID-19 infection rate has now fallen below 50 per 100,000 population compared with a peak above 800 earlier this year.
Government figures issued last night show a rate of 48, a reduction of 53 against the previous seven-day figure.
Covid deaths in Maidstone have fallen to five in the last seven day period. There were 33 admissions to Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells hospitals, a decrease on the previous seven day period of 23.3%.
The Tonbridge and Malling rate is recorded at 49.9 infections, down 6.1.
- CCTV APPEAL: Maidstone shop worker racially abused over face mask request
- BREAKING: Central reservation on M20 'hit by two cars' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Crash halts traffic on M20 near Maidstone
- CRIME: Police seize three catapults from 'lads' in Maidstone town centre
- INJUNCTION: Boxley farmer ordered by High Court to clear up dump site
- WITNESS APPEAL: Youth shelter and picnic table 'burnt and vandalised'
- BREAKING: Car fire 'started deliberately' in Maidstone
- WARNING: New Cut Road in Maidstone to close tomorrow night