LATEST: Maidstone bar 'under review' by police over Covid-19 'breaches'
Wednesday 16th September 2020
A BAR in Maidstone is “under review” by police over a social media video allegedly showing a large number of customers ignoring Covid-19 restrictions.
The footage reportedly showed a crowd of people dancing closely together at Banks on Saturday, September 12.
The venue issued information beforehand about the outdoor event asking people to respect social distancing guidelines.
Inspector Mark Hedges of Maidstone’s Community Safety Unit said: "Kent Police has been made aware of an event held at a licensed premise in Bank Street, Maidstone.
"Videos have been placed on social media which appear to show that a number of attendees may have breached the Covid-19 regulations.
"We are currently completing a review of the event and have been in contact with owner of the premises."
Banks have been approached for comment
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- DETAILS: Resurfacing works on B2012 Lower Boxley Road
- LATEST: Prezzo to reopen in Maidstone
- PLANNED: 18-month road closure in Aylesford
- URGENT: Gas leak repairs near Maidstone
- GALLERY: Maidstone pupils adjust to 'new normal'
- INQUEST: Police took 49 minutes to respond to dad's 999 call
- M20 DISRUPTION: After Op Stack - even more trouble on the motorway