LATEST: Maidstone racer Ethan Sparks wins top spot at championships
Tuesday 4th May 2021
Neither winter weather nor COVID-19 restrictions have blunted the winning habits of Ethan Sparks, the ten-year-old Loose Primary School pupil and double British Champion motor-cycle racer.
Lydd Circuit, on Romney Marsh, hosted Rounds One and Two of the FAB-Racing 2021 national championships over an extended four-day weekend, April 15 -18.
Despite very few practice sessions over the winter months, Ethan roared to top spot on the podium, winning five of the six races he contested at this demanding, twisting circuit.
Ethan’s father, Gavin exclaimed: “I knew he would be competitive and go close, but I was never expecting so many wins first time out!”
Ethan, who became 2020 British Champion in both the Mini Motos and GP50 series, is stepping up to the more powerful, two-stroke, GP70 class this season, and despite starting from third place on the grid, roared to the front inside two laps, setting the bar for his older, more experienced rivals.
- SHEPWAY FACELIFT: Plans for new housing, shops and green spaces
- CCTV APPEAL: Pair 'stole designer sunglasses' from Boots in Maidstone
- URGENT APPEAL: Town centre attack leaves man with serious head injury
- LORRY BAN: Police act for first time in months to stop illegal HGVs
- ROAD CLOSURE: Drivers' journeys disrupted for essential works - details
- CRASH: Woman, 70s, cut free from wreckage and rushed to hospital
- URGENT APPEAL: Girl 'attacked by man' near Maidstone
- POLITICS: Tories prepare for power after council election victory