LATEST: Massive drugs seizure on M20 near Maidstone
Wednesday 9th October 2019
POLICE have seized around five kgs of drugs and £100,000 after stopping a suspicious car on the M20 at Leybourne.
An unmarked police car followed a Mercedes travelling at high speeds on the motorway yesterday morning (October 8). The vehicle was stopped close to junction 4, after it was intercepted by a marked police motorcycle and a search was carried out.
Officers recovered two carrier bags of white powder, which tests have shown was amphetamine. Four large bottles containing a yet to be determined liquid were also seized.
The driver and passenger - two men aged 39 and 33 – have been arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs. A search of an address linked to them in Ashford, was where officers found the money. A 32-year-old woman from Ashford was also arrested at the scene on suspicion of money laundering.
All remain in custody.
- HOUSING: Campaign petition starts against Lib Dem council's 14-floor tower block
- FINED: Jason Yardley drunkenly smashed his way out of bus in Maidstone
- Leeds land could be used for retirement complex expansion
- TRAFFIC NEWS: Broken down bus causing delays in Maidstone
- COURT SHAME: Gareth Bailey threatened to torch girlfriend's house in Maidstone
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, disruption and diversions - full details
- COURT: Carl Bailey's drunken outburst at police in Maidstone town centre
- Expert gives talk on menopause - details