LATEST: Matalan moves to The Mall in Maidstone
Tuesday 22nd September 2020
MATALAN has opened a new store in Maidstone.
The much-loved chain, which sells a mix of clothing and homewares, has moved into The Mall shopping centre.
The 17,448 sq ft store replaces the branch at The Broadway Shopping Centre.
The new branch has replaced part of a unit previously let to British Home Stores.
Gareth Holland, leasing executive at Capital and Regional, said: “Matalan is a perfect fit for us in Maidstone, enhancing the everyday needs-based clothing and homeware offer at the centre, as well as the staple, dependable family offer that’s key for our local community.
“It’s been a tremendous team effort to open this new store in the current retail climate, an effort that speaks to the incredible professionalism and resolve of both project teams.
“We’re also incredibly proud as a business to have the retailer’s only new store opening this year at one of Capital & Regional’s centres.”
Antony Darbyshire, property director at Matalan said: “We’re delighted with our major new Maidstone store, and impressed that we’ve been able to open on time – it’s been a great team effort across the board.”
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- GBH CHARGE: Maidstone man Jordan Broad 'attacked woman'
- GRIDLOCK: Village near Maidstone grinds to a halt for traveller funeral
- UPDATE: Sutton Valence pub is saved
- LATEST: £1m plan to rebuild much-loved community centre in Maidstone
- LATEST: Yalding post office faces closure
- RICHARD GREENWOOD: Fifty years fighting for Lenham village
- JAILED: Maidstone cocaine dealer sent to prison for two years