LATEST: New club house for Maidstone Tennis Club
Tuesday 30th June 2020
Maidstone Lawn Tennis Club’s application to build a new club house with adjoining patio after demolishing the existing clubhouse in Poplar Grove is being recommended for approval by officers at Thursday’s Maidstone CoúncilPlanning Committee.
The single-storey building would also include a kitchen, toilets and store.
The tennis club, with 200 members and open 365 days a year from 8am to 10pm, has use of four existing tennis courts, which are also available for public booking.
The report says: “Overall it is considered the proposed development would not have a harmful impact on neighbouring amenity and any potential harm could be mitigated by conditions.”
- WE'RE BACK AND OPEN FOR BUSINESS
- WEATHER: Sun has got its hat on this weekend - forecast for next week
- OTHAM HOUSING: Conservative Val Springett pulls out of crunch vote on 421 homes
- WARNING: Road to shut next week for one day
- BREAKING: Man's body found near busy road in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Man found dead in woodland near Maidstone
- CUSTODY: Drive ban ice cream man 'fails roadside drug test'
- RELIEF ROAD: Transport board hears worrying news for Maidstone villages