LATEST: Police launch investigation following 'child-snatching' incident
Friday 6th December 2019
KENT Police have now launched an investigation into a 'suspicious incident' at a shopping centre in Maidstone.
Officers recieved a report today about an alleged child-snatching incident that is alleged to have happened at around 11am yesterday.
It was reported a woman had been at The Mall when a man she did not know approached her child before leaving the premises on foot.
A Kent Police spokesman said: "On Friday, December 6, officers received a report of a suspicious incident in The Mall, Maidstone.
"It is alleged that at around 11am on the previous day, a woman had been in the shopping centre when a man she did not know approached her child before leaving the premises on foot.
"He is described as being east Asian in appearance, 5ft 2in tall, of average build and wearing a green coat with a hood up."
Officers are making enquiries into the incident and are asking anyone with information to contact them on 01622 604 100, quoting reference 46/232727/19.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CORONAVIRUS: Music on the Green 2021 cancelled
- URGENT APPEAL: Man left 'seriously injured' in violent Maidstone attack
- LATEST: Matalan moves to The Mall in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Two students test positive for Coronavirus in Aylesford
- HOUSING: How the Somerfield Hospital site will look - planning application in
- POLICE HUNT: Man wanted after attempted GBH near Blue Bell Hill
- LATEST: Tributes left for Maidstone man who died in crash