LATEST: Police launch investigation following 'child-snatching' incident
Friday 6th December 2019
KENT Police have now launched an investigation into a 'suspicious incident' at a shopping centre in Maidstone.
Officers recieved a report today about an alleged child-snatching incident that is alleged to have happened at around 11am yesterday.
It was reported a woman had been at The Mall when a man she did not know approached her child before leaving the premises on foot.
A Kent Police spokesman said: "On Friday, December 6, officers received a report of a suspicious incident in The Mall, Maidstone.
"It is alleged that at around 11am on the previous day, a woman had been in the shopping centre when a man she did not know approached her child before leaving the premises on foot.
"He is described as being east Asian in appearance, 5ft 2in tall, of average build and wearing a green coat with a hood up."
Officers are making enquiries into the incident and are asking anyone with information to contact them on 01622 604 100, quoting reference 46/232727/19.
- Plan to buy farmland to increase wildlife habitat near Maidstone
- Father reunites with daughter after 56 years through Facebook
- LATEST: Burst water main shuts busy road in Leeds
- MAIDSTONE BLAZE: Fire crews called after burner incident - full details
- FLOODING: Environment Agency issue flood warning across Maidstone
- More mobile homes arrive on farmland off A249 near Maidstone
- Government hands council £375,000 to help Maidstone's homeless
- APPEAL: Teddy bear found in park near Maidstone - is it yours?