LATEST: Ramblin' Man's firm goes into liquidation
Friday 23rd July 2021
THE company behind the Ramblin' Man Fair (RMF) in Mote Park has gone into liquidation - but it is hoped the event will still return next year.
The festival of classic rock had been cancelled again this year.
Loss-making Hove-based Spirit of Rock Limited is now in voluntary liquidation with accounts overdue, according to Companies House.
Winding up the company, run by Frank McGowan and Chris Ingham, started on June 30 with two Hertfordshire-based practitioners overseeing the process.
Ramblin' Man first arrived in Maidstone in 2015 and attracted global star acts such as Whitesnake and ZZ Top to headline.
Cancellation of the 2020 and 2021's festivals led to the company's demise.
A Facebook statement said: "We are bitterly disappointed with the cancellation of Ramblin’ Man Fair festival in 2021."
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone