LATEST: Seven people arrested and nine officers injured after Euro 2020 final
Thursday 15th July 2021
SEVEN people have been arrested after nine police officers were attacked during the Euro 2020 final in Maidstone.
A number of officers were injured as they worked to control violent fans on Sunday, July 11 in Jubilee Square.
A man and two teenage boys were arrested at separate addresses in Rochester and Maidstone on suspicion of violent disorder and were taken into custody.
A teenage boy who attended Maidstone police station was also arrested for the same offence.
A local man who had presented himself at Maidstone police station was arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker and violent disorder.
He was later bailed to return to the police station on August 11, pending further investigation.
A man from Rochester who was arrested in Maidstone High Street on July 11on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker, and a man from Maidstone who was detained on suspicion of violent disorder and for being drunk and disorderly, were both bailed to August 5.
- CLOSURE: Broken down vehicle on M20 near Maidstone
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details