LATEST: Suspect, 27, for serious assault in Maidstone extradited from Romania
Thursday 30th July 2020
A MAN has been extradited from Romania to face charges that he attacked a teenager in Maidstone.
Gabriel Calin, 27, of no fixed address was escorted onto an aeroplane by Kent Police officers in Bucharest and returned to the United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 29 2020.
He appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, July 30 charged with wounding with intent, attempted wounding with intent, inflicting grievous bodily harm and assault occasioning actual bodily harm, committed against a 19-year-old woman on Loose Road, Maidstone on April 16 2019.
Mr Calin was remanded in custody and will next appear at a hearing before Maidstone Crown Court on August 27.
- URGENT APPEAL: Boy, 18, dies in hospital after crash in Maidstone
- DETAILS: Bin collection days to change as routes grow in Maidstone
- DETAILS: Roads to shut in Staplehurst for emergency gas works
- DETAILS: New building to replace much-loved community centre in Maidstone
- LATEST: Council considers new rules to control street busking
- DETAILS: Scout group needs new leaders and helpers
- LATEST: Plan for 60 flats on Somerfield Hospital site agreed
- WARNING: Burst water pipe shuts busy road in Bearsted