LEEDS WI: Group celebrates 100 years in village
Thursday 21st February 2019
LEEDS Women’s Institute celebrated its 100th birthday with cake, personal tales and a lesson in salsa.
The WI met at the village hall on February 14 for a special evening, where members talked about personal mementos.
The night was rounded off by a demonstration of salsa dancing by the newly-elected chairman Louise Menenes-Bautista and her Colombian-born husband Andres.
The WI branch has, like many rural groups, suffered dwindling numbers in recent years but has already started attracting new, younger members.
In the picture are: Janet Buller, Sue Wenham, Jane Newsome, Tina Walters, Angela Morris, Lesley Finlay, Sylvia Chatterton, Teresa Tomlin, Louise Menenes-Bautista and Jane Shotliff.
Call Jane on 01622 862558 or Louise on 346785 to join up.
FULL STORY IN DOWNS MAIL EAST EDITION
- WARNING: 21 day temporary speed limit near Maidstone
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights in Maidstone
- LATEST: Jeffery Mills, 54, appears in court accused of Shepway murder
- HGV CRASH: Roundabout collision causing long delays in Maidstone
- CLOSED: Hollingbourne Hill to close for drainage works
- CLOSED: Road closure near Maidstone for carriageway works
- SHEPWAY MURDER: Jeffery Mills, 54, charged - full details
- Maidstone rail users fall victim to disruption on the lines over Easter