LENHAM HEATH: Residents organise walk over Lib Dem council's 5,000 homes plan
Friday 8th November 2019
RESIDENTS opposed to Maidstone Borough Council's plan to build 5,000 houses at Lenham Heath will hold a walk later this month.
Pressure group Save Our Heath Lands have organised the ramble to "show MBC that our countryside is not the right place" for the large scale development.
MBC now styles itself as a "master developer" and is in the process of trying to obtain large tracts of land from the owners, many of whom have been forced to sign non-disclosure agreements.
Some, who do want to sell their properties, fear that the Liberal Democrat-led council will force the sale via compulsory purchase orders (CPOs).
MBC claims: "The intention would be to agree terms on a negotiated basis. Regardless, no firm decisions in respect of the overall proposal have been made. However, the CPO legal process has an embedded compensation rights mechanism.”
An organiser said: "We want to show MBC we are a strong community, not just Lenham and Lenham Heath but all our neighbouring villages (Charing Heath, Charing, Egerton, Boughton Malherbe, Platts Heath and Harrietsham). Our Heath community is united."
Date: Sunday 17th November 2019
Time: 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Charing Heath and Lenham Heath Memorial Hall
Charing Heath,Church hill, Ashford,Kent, TN27 0BU
- A249 SMASH: Woman airlifted to hospital after crash - full details
- M20 SHUTS: Drivers face disruption - traffic spilling into A20
- RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch is back - see how you can take part
- HEALTH REPORT: 'Inadequate' Albion Place Medical Centre in special measures
- Graffiti artists find their work blitzed by high-pressure sprayers in clean-up
- STOLEN: £3,000 electric bicycle pinched outside Maidstone bank
- M20 COLLISION: Dog survives M-way hit with vehicle - details
- M20 DEATH: Man found dead near motorway, say police