LORRY FIRE: Six miles of traffic gridlock on M20 near Maidstone
Monday 12th October 2020
TRAFFIC is at a standstill on the M20 due to a lorry fire.
Delays are currently 45 minutes above usual journey times and there is approximately 6 miles of congestion spanning back towards J6.
The blaze started at around 1.35pm today on the coastbound side of the carriageway between junction 7, for the A249 Maidstone and Detling Hill, and junction 8 for Maidstone services.
A Highways England spokesman said: "Lanes 1 and 2 remain closed at this M20 vehicle fire incident.
"Delays are currently 45 minutes above usual journey times and there is approximately 6 miles of congestion spanning back towards J6."
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CCTV APPEAL: Car with false number plates linked to Maidstone fuel theft
- LATEST: Person hit by train at West Malling railway station
- BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
- HAZLITT LATEST: Maidstone performers share their talents to unite theatre-lovers
- CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
- BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
- HOUSING: Otham 440-houses appeal closes - Maidstone awaits its fate