Lane closures this week on the new Maidstone gyratory system
Monday 30th January 2017
THE new bridge gyratory system faces closures this evening as work continues to finish the project.
From this evening there will be lane closures until Friday at lower High Street.
According to a statement released on Twitter: "There will be overnight lane closures from 30th - 3rd: starting tonight at lower High Street (Midnight - 5am) closed inbound.
"Tonight we will be starting works to the towpath (between Earl St and Railway Bridge) this will see the crowning of a number of trees they will be removed and a more suitable species planted as the footpath is currently being undermined and the trees themselves dying."
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight