Larkfield tops leisure centre league says Sport England
Friday 21st December 2018
LARKFIELD Leisure Centre has retained its ranking as one of the top performing leisure centres in the country, says the UK’s leading quality assessor for sport and leisure.
The centre passed the toughest assessment offered by Sport England’s national quality scheme, Quest, to be rated ‘Outstanding’ for a second time. Larkfield is one of just 15 facilities to gain the award from 720 nationally assessed sites.
The scheme ensures that sports and leisure centres continuously improve to meet the needs of their customers and staff. Centres achieving the advanced award must meet the highest standards across the board from hygiene and cleanliness to the quality of their programmes and general service.
Larkfield Leisure Centre underwent a meticulous one-day assessment as well as an undercover visit from assessors.
Martin Guyton, chief executive of tmactive, which runs the centre for Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council, said: “This is a truly excellent achievement and all credit goes to Kirstin Brimsted and the team for all their hard work in ensuring that Larkfield Leisure Centre remains one of the best performing centres in the country.”
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone