Lawrence returns to the ring
Monday 5th October 2015
MIDDLEWEIGHT contender Oliver Lawrence has promised to deliver the performance of his life as he prepares for his long-awaited return to the UK’s premier boxing league.
The 23-year-old from Maidstone will meet Birmingham’s Marc Dwyer on the under card of the Queensbury Boxing League’s big night of action at the Copthorne Millennium Hotel in West Sussex on October 24, and Lawrence believes he will be fitter, stronger and more powerful for his latest ring exploits after putting in hours of intensive training in the gym.
Talking ahead of his clash with Dwyer, the Maidstone stylist said: “You are going to see the most focused and determined Oliver Lawrence that has ever set foot inside a boxing ring, and I’m aiming to put on a great show.
“Last time out in the league, back in 2014, I suffered a broken jaw which has taken a long rehabilitation process to get back to where I am today, but now I feel in fantastic shape.”
“Boxing is not a game and over the last year I’ve upped every aspect of my training, from the people I’m sparring with to the nutrition and the strength and conditioning side of things, and I’ve got the best team and people surrounding me so I’m in a good place.”
Lawrence’s showdown with Dwyer will feature as one of the chief supporting contests to the Welterweight title fight between Surrey rivals Danny Stalford and Anthony Ayinde. For ticket information contact Oliver Lawrence on 07710 682931.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone