Light a candle for a loved one
Friday 22nd November 2013
The Heart of Kent Hospice is hosting Light up a Life services at The Friars, Aylesford (pictured) at 4.30pm on December 1 and in Maidstone at Royal Star Arcade at 5.30pm on December 8 .
Losing someone close to you can be a shattering experience at any time of year, but the holiday season, a time of celebration when families traditionally come together, can be particularly hard to deal with. The act of lighting a light speaks to people in different ways.
Each light celebrates the life and love of someone special, memories which may be happy, sometimes moving and, at times, painfully sad.
The service is supported by carol singing from local school choirs, readings and prayers. There is also a blessing of the book of remembrance of names given by those attending the event.
To book a place and to make a dedication, call the fundraising team on 01622 790195, go to www.hokh.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BIRTHDAY APPEAL: Can you help Ivy Watson mark her 100th birthday?
- 'DRINK DRIVE': Katy Sue Lafferty up in court on Monday on booze charges
- CLOSED: Road to shut for street light works near Maidstone
- VILLAGE CLOSURE: Road to shut with no diversion route
- POLICE FIGURES: More than 10% of Kent's sex offenders live in Maidstone
- Leeds am-dram raises £400 for charities after summer plays
- LATEST: 'Extinct' Maidstone bee found in country parkland
- BREAKING: Multiple traffic lights not working in Maidstone