Light a candle for a loved one
Friday 22nd November 2013
The Heart of Kent Hospice is hosting Light up a Life services at The Friars, Aylesford (pictured) at 4.30pm on December 1 and in Maidstone at Royal Star Arcade at 5.30pm on December 8 .
Losing someone close to you can be a shattering experience at any time of year, but the holiday season, a time of celebration when families traditionally come together, can be particularly hard to deal with. The act of lighting a light speaks to people in different ways.
Each light celebrates the life and love of someone special, memories which may be happy, sometimes moving and, at times, painfully sad.
The service is supported by carol singing from local school choirs, readings and prayers. There is also a blessing of the book of remembrance of names given by those attending the event.
To book a place and to make a dedication, call the fundraising team on 01622 790195, go to www.hokh.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- URGENT APPEAL: Boy, 18, dies in hospital after crash in Maidstone
- DETAILS: Bin collection days to change as routes grow in Maidstone
- DETAILS: Roads to shut in Staplehurst for emergency gas works
- DETAILS: New building to replace much-loved community centre in Maidstone
- LATEST: Council considers new rules to control street busking
- DETAILS: Scout group needs new leaders and helpers
- LATEST: Plan for 60 flats on Somerfield Hospital site agreed
- WARNING: Burst water pipe shuts busy road in Bearsted