Little Mix gig organisers say sorry for delays to concert-goers
Wednesday 25th July 2018
ORGANISERS of the hugely successful Little Mix concert at the Kent Event Centre on Sunday have apologised for traffic problems which caused major delays for fans of the girl supergroup.
More than 30,000 people flocked to the gig - said to be the biggest ever staged in the county - but many complained of unacceptable road congestion and an Arriva shuttle bus service that did not meet needs.
Some said that they had delays of around three hours and ended up walking from Jade's Crossing to the entrance rather than sit in traffic jams.
Yesterday, organisers of the concert ,The Kent Event Centre and LHG Live, said sorry for the problems on the night and have launched an official review.
It reads: "In light of travel delays experienced by a small number of concert-goers both the Kent Event Centre and LHG Live would like to offer an apology to those affected on behalf of all the event organisers. We are currently undertaking a detailed review of the service provided with all parties involved."
The organisers also said that, prior to the event, concert-goers were warned that there might be delays on their websites and social media pages.
The issues people faced were compounded by three separate, unrelated road crashes which hampered concert-goers gettin into the Detling site.
It adds: "Ticket holders were encouraged to read the information carefully and make suitable arrangements ahead of the event. It had been anticipated by Traffic Management Company that clearing up-to 12,000 vehicles from the large car parks would take a number of hours.
"As part of the traffic management plan Arriva Kent were engaged to provide a shuttle service between Maidstone Centre and the Kent Event Centre.
"Unfortunately, concert goers who used this travel option experienced longer than anticipated delays when travelling to the concert.
"There were three, unrelated road traffic accidents during the ingress of concert goers which compounded the issue, causing further delays which was outside the control of the event organisers.
"The Kent Event Centre is on the A249 which is strategically important to the county and ensuring the safe exit of 30,000 people was of upmost importance. All concert car parks were cleared, and shuttle bus services operated within the expected time frame.
"All event partners will conduct a full de-brief in due course to in order to ensure that lessons from all events are given due consideration to enhance the customer experience at all future concerts."
- BREXIT POLL - should there be a second EU referendum? VOTE!
- M20 disruption in the next few days - full details
- BREXIT POLL: Should we hold a second referendum? Vote now...
- Police looking for man who burgled a Maidstone woman who is in her 90s
- Road closed near Maidstone to fix leaking water main
- Natwest bank online, telephone and mobile customers locked out of their accounts
- Girlguiding event at Leeds Castle
- Van driver cut from wreckage of vehicle after crash near Maidstone