Long delays as unexploded WWII bomb shuts Dartford Crossing
Tuesday 13th February 2018
LONG delays are expected in the area around the Dartford Tunnel after an unexploded World War Two bomb was discovered.
Police have completely shut off the QEII Bridge as they deal with the incident.
Initially all traffic coming from the Essex side of the bridge was told to divert through to the Blackwell Tunnel, but the decision has now been taken to open one of the bores of the tunnel for clockwise use.
This means that half the number of cars than usual will be able to travel from the Kent side, and queues are already building on the approach.
The Bridge reopened shortly after 10.20am, but delays still remain.
- 21/05/2018 - Southeastern hail positive first weekday of new timetable
- 21/05/2018 - Former Maidstone man jailed for sexually abusing children
- 21/05/2018 - Police issue photo of man they want to talk to over Maidstone alley attack
- 21/05/2018 - Police officers honoured after Maidstone car rescue
- 21/05/2018 - POLITICS: Tories fail to take control of the council - Lib Dems back in
- 21/05/2018 - Wendy hopes to raise £5,000 to offer more friends to lonely in Maidstone
- 21/05/2018 - TRAFFIC: A20 near Maidstone shut after van overturns at roundabout
- 18/05/2018 - 'Rogue trader' arrested in bank as OAP withdrew cash