M20 BLOCKED: Traffic at standstill after man falls from bridge
Tuesday 22nd January 2019
THE M20 is at a standstill after a man has fallen from a bridge.
Kent Highways said: “The M20 eastbound is fully closed between J9 and J10 due to a Police led incident.
“Please allow plenty of extra time as long delays building on the approach.”
Emergency services are at the scene.
The Canterbury Road A28 bridge has been shut off to motorists and pedestrians, with police blocking the road.
The road is expected to remain closed past the evening peak.
If you are caught with the closure eastbound, behind the incident, traffic is now being turned and released westbound on the eastbound carriageway.
A spokesman for Kent Police said: "At 3.08pm on Tuesday, January 22 2019, officers were called to the coastbound carriageway of the M20 near junction 9 after a man was reported to have fallen into the carriageway from a bridge.
"He was treated at the scene by the South East Coast Ambulance Service and then conveyed to a London hospital for further medical attention.
"The carriageway is closed while emergency services deal with the incident."
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home