M20 CHAOS: Lorries queue for miles - major delays
Wednesday 16th September 2020
SEVEN miles of queuing lorries are causing congestion between Cheriton and Dover.
Stationary lorries are blocking three major routes between Folkestone and Dover this morning.
Heavy traffic is trailing back towards the M20 junction 12 and it leads through to the A20 and towards the Eastern Docks in Dover.
A spokesman said: "The situation at the Port currently remains. There is heavy traffic congestion around #Dover with queues on both the A20 and A2 routes into the town.
"Please leave extra journey time for your trip."
When capacity is reached along the A20, lorries will be held at the M20 between Junctions 8 and 9.
- BREAKING NEWS: The Hazlitt Theatre is saved from closure
- OTHAM LATEST: Petition launched to challenge council role in decision-making
- SHED BREAK-INS: Police warn residents to be vigilant
- SAVE THE HAZLITT: Crunch council meeting to decide venue's future TONIGHT
- URGENT APPEAL: Police hunt thief after jewellery stolen from Snodland pensioner
- EXCLUSIVE: Lenham Heath residents 'under demolition threat' by borough council
- LATEST: MP Tracey Crouch prepares to undergo radiotherapy in cancer fight
- COVID LATEST: Another dramatic fall in Maidstone infections