M20 CHAOS: Lorries queue for miles - major delays
Wednesday 16th September 2020
SEVEN miles of queuing lorries are causing congestion between Cheriton and Dover.
Stationary lorries are blocking three major routes between Folkestone and Dover this morning.
Heavy traffic is trailing back towards the M20 junction 12 and it leads through to the A20 and towards the Eastern Docks in Dover.
A spokesman said: "The situation at the Port currently remains. There is heavy traffic congestion around #Dover with queues on both the A20 and A2 routes into the town.
"Please leave extra journey time for your trip."
When capacity is reached along the A20, lorries will be held at the M20 between Junctions 8 and 9.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- DETAILS: Resurfacing works on B2012 Lower Boxley Road
- LATEST: Prezzo to reopen in Maidstone
- PLANNED: 18-month road closure in Aylesford
- URGENT: Gas leak repairs near Maidstone
- GALLERY: Maidstone pupils adjust to 'new normal'
- INQUEST: Police took 49 minutes to respond to dad's 999 call
- M20 DISRUPTION: After Op Stack - even more trouble on the motorway