M20 CHAOS: Operation Stack 'to be implemented today'
Wednesday 16th September 2020
OPERATION Stack is due to be implemented today due to an ongoing policing operation at the Port of Dover.
Daily Downs Mail understands vehicles and passengers are currently being checked.
Op Stack is used between junction 8 (Maidstone services) and junction 9 (Ashford) on the M20.
If junction 8 to junction 11 reaches capacity, Highways England will use Manston airfield to park Port of Dover freight.
Operation Stack is a procedure that uses parts of the M20 to queue lorries travelling towards the continent.
- BREAKING NEWS: The Hazlitt Theatre is saved from closure
- OTHAM LATEST: Petition launched to challenge council role in decision-making
- SHED BREAK-INS: Police warn residents to be vigilant
- SAVE THE HAZLITT: Crunch council meeting to decide venue's future TONIGHT
- URGENT APPEAL: Police hunt thief after jewellery stolen from Snodland pensioner
- EXCLUSIVE: Lenham Heath residents 'under demolition threat' by borough council
- LATEST: MP Tracey Crouch prepares to undergo radiotherapy in cancer fight
- COVID LATEST: Another dramatic fall in Maidstone infections