M20 CHAOS: Operation Stack 'to be implemented today'
Wednesday 16th September 2020
OPERATION Stack is due to be implemented today due to an ongoing policing operation at the Port of Dover.
Daily Downs Mail understands vehicles and passengers are currently being checked.
Op Stack is used between junction 8 (Maidstone services) and junction 9 (Ashford) on the M20.
If junction 8 to junction 11 reaches capacity, Highways England will use Manston airfield to park Port of Dover freight.
Operation Stack is a procedure that uses parts of the M20 to queue lorries travelling towards the continent.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- DETAILS: Resurfacing works on B2012 Lower Boxley Road
- LATEST: Prezzo to reopen in Maidstone
- PLANNED: 18-month road closure in Aylesford
- URGENT: Gas leak repairs near Maidstone
- GALLERY: Maidstone pupils adjust to 'new normal'
- INQUEST: Police took 49 minutes to respond to dad's 999 call
- M20 DISRUPTION: After Op Stack - even more trouble on the motorway