M20 CLOSED: Chaos on roads after van crashes in central reservation
Monday 16th April 2018
THE M20 has been shut after a van smashed into the central reservation.
The accident happened on the coastbound section betwseen Leeds Castle and the first Ashford turn off.
Traffic is being held between J8 and J9.
It is already having a significant impact on rush hour movements across the county town and other parts of Kent, especially on the morning the school return after the Easter holidays.
Kent Police said: "Kent Police were called at 6.55am to reports that a van had collided with the central reservation of the M20 coast-bound and the driver was trapped. Emergency services are at the scene and traffic is being held. There is a lane closure on the London-bound side to allow emergency services access to the trapped driver."
Highways England has Tweeted: "Update - #M20 eastbound between J8 - J9. Traffic is still being held after a collision, Air ambulance is en-route. Westbound all lanes are now open. Our Traffic Officers and emergency services remain on scene. Delays are building in the area. Please take care on approach."
- M20 UPDATE: Major delays as congestion builds on blocked motorway
- CRASH: Lenham collision - expect additional delays in area
- Collision on sharp bend near Maidstone
- M20 BLOCKED: Traffic at standstill after man falls from bridge
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights near Maidstone
- Kent Police issue warning after series of day time van thefts near Maidstone
- SCHOOLS PLAN: Thurnham Parish Council rejects M20 J7 scheme as 'ludicrous'
- CLOSED: Two day road closure near Maidstone