M20 CLOSED: Chaos on roads after van crashes in central reservation
Monday 16th April 2018
THE M20 has been shut after a van smashed into the central reservation.
The accident happened on the coastbound section betwseen Leeds Castle and the first Ashford turn off.
Traffic is being held between J8 and J9.
It is already having a significant impact on rush hour movements across the county town and other parts of Kent, especially on the morning the school return after the Easter holidays.
Kent Police said: "Kent Police were called at 6.55am to reports that a van had collided with the central reservation of the M20 coast-bound and the driver was trapped. Emergency services are at the scene and traffic is being held. There is a lane closure on the London-bound side to allow emergency services access to the trapped driver."
Highways England has Tweeted: "Update - #M20 eastbound between J8 - J9. Traffic is still being held after a collision, Air ambulance is en-route. Westbound all lanes are now open. Our Traffic Officers and emergency services remain on scene. Delays are building in the area. Please take care on approach."
- 20/04/2018 - Borough council blocked relief road cash, claims Tory
- 20/04/2018 - London Marathon mum runs for hospital which saved daughter's life
- 20/04/2018 - Fury as Kent Police fail to enforce articulated lorry ban through villages
- 20/04/2018 - Maidstone man aims for Darth Vader marathon record
- 20/04/2018 - Maidstone festival follows Bestival lead
- 20/04/2018 - Maidstone man arrested after five arson attacks
- 20/04/2018 - Lorry crash on M20
- 19/04/2018 - Council sends warning to Maidstone fly-tippers