M20: Disruption possible as motorway is shut for works
Friday 9th September 2016
THE M20 faces disruption next week when it is shut for work on the junction four roundabout.
Highways England (HE) said today there will also bhe narrow lanes and speed restrictions.
An HE announcement said: "Work by Kent County Council to improve journeys by adding an additional lane to the roundabout continues this week.
"Narrow lanes and a 50mph speed limit will be in place on both carriageways underneath the roundabout for the duration of scheme.
"A lane closure and 30mph speed limit will be in place on the southbound section of the roundabout.
"The M20 will be closed in both directions between the slip roads overnight, between 9pm and 4am, on Wednesday 14 Septemeber. Clearly signed diversions will be in place via the exit and entry slip roads."
For further information on the project, please visit Kent County Council’s website:
Additionally, HE said that survery are taking place on the M20 at Ashford.
The statement reads: "Technology surveys take place on the eastbound carriageway this week. A lane 1 closure will be in place between junctions 10 and 11 overnight, between 8pm and 6am from Monday 12 September for 5 nights. Surveys are due to be complete in December 2016."
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- PICTURES: Owners of stolen items recovered in Maidstone urged to come forward
- MURDER TRIAL: 'I felt Jamie Simmons' blood on my back after stabbing' - fiancee
- DOWNS MAIL FREE OBITUARY SERVICE - DETAILS
- MURDER TRIAL: Trial continues today of man accused of killing Jamie Simmons
- SHOP 'CLOSURES': Staff at Bonmarche and Peacocks face uncertainty
- BREAKING: Body of man in his 40s found near Maidstone
- APPEAL: Kind and caring Maidstone man named as second M26 crash victim