M20: Disruption possible as motorway is shut for works
Friday 9th September 2016
THE M20 faces disruption next week when it is shut for work on the junction four roundabout.
Highways England (HE) said today there will also bhe narrow lanes and speed restrictions.
An HE announcement said: "Work by Kent County Council to improve journeys by adding an additional lane to the roundabout continues this week.
"Narrow lanes and a 50mph speed limit will be in place on both carriageways underneath the roundabout for the duration of scheme.
"A lane closure and 30mph speed limit will be in place on the southbound section of the roundabout.
"The M20 will be closed in both directions between the slip roads overnight, between 9pm and 4am, on Wednesday 14 Septemeber. Clearly signed diversions will be in place via the exit and entry slip roads."
For further information on the project, please visit Kent County Council’s website:
Additionally, HE said that survery are taking place on the M20 at Ashford.
The statement reads: "Technology surveys take place on the eastbound carriageway this week. A lane 1 closure will be in place between junctions 10 and 11 overnight, between 8pm and 6am from Monday 12 September for 5 nights. Surveys are due to be complete in December 2016."
- BIRTHDAY APPEAL: Can you help Ivy Watson mark her 100th birthday?
- 'DRINK DRIVE': Katy Sue Lafferty up in court on Monday on booze charges
- CLOSED: Road to shut for street light works near Maidstone
- VILLAGE CLOSURE: Road to shut with no diversion route
- POLICE FIGURES: More than 10% of Kent's sex offenders live in Maidstone
- Leeds am-dram raises £400 for charities after summer plays
- LATEST: 'Extinct' Maidstone bee found in country parkland
- BREAKING: Multiple traffic lights not working in Maidstone