M20: Highways bosses warn motorists of 'significant congestion' near Maidstone
Thursday 10th October 2019
THERE is expected to be "significant congestion" on the M20 this afternoon due to emergency repairs.
There is currently more than two miles of solid traffic back to junction 3 on the M26.
A Highways England spokesman said: "If travelling coastbound in Kent this afternoon on the M20, this is expected to cause significant congestion. Currently there is approx. 2.5 miles of congestion back to J3 (M26) which is expected to add around 30 mins onto usual travel time."
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- LATEST: New date set for World Custard Pie Championships
- EXCLUSIVE: Council's secret plans for £15m taxpayer-funded new HQ
- LATEST: Water use rockets in Kent
- URGENT APPEAL: Buttercups 'must close in six weeks' due to lack of funds
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Lockdown restrictions eased
- PICTURES: Disposable barbecue sparks skip blaze in Aylesford
- WARNING: 21 day closure near Maidstone - full details