M20 LATEST: Operation Brock to be lifted from motorway this weekend
Tuesday 20th April 2021
OPERATION Brock, the post-Brexit contraflow system on the M20, is to be be lifted this weekend.
Highways England staff are due to remove the barrier between Junctions 9 and 8 London-bound which has kept traffic flowing in the immediate period after Britain's full withdrawal from the European Union.
The Department for Transport today announced hauliers will no longer require a Kent Access Permit to travel through the county.
The Operation Brock barrier will continue to be stored on the hard shoulder should it be required again in the future.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone