M20: More disruption to motorists next week - full details
Friday 14th September 2018
IMMEDIATELY after the total closure of the M20 for essential roadworks scheduled for September 14-17, Highways England have notified users of yet more disruption in the coming days.
Three stretches of the motorway is set to be adversely affected by the essential works
A statement released today says:
M20 junctions 3 to 5, Maidstone Kent: Smart Motorways
Work to improve journeys continues this week on the M20 between junctions 3 - 5. On Monday 17 September, for five nights there will be various lane closures in both directions between 10pm and 6am. There are narrow lanes and a reduced speed limit of 50mph in place 24/7. Free recovery service and speed enforcement are now in place to ensure drivers and road workers safety.
M20 Junction 9 to 11, Kent: Junction 10a Construction
Work to improve the network continue this week on the M20. There are currently 24 hour lane closure and 50mph speed restriction in place in both directions between junctions 9 and 11. This will remain in place until January 2020.
M20 Junction 9 to 8, Kent; road surface repairs
Work to improve journeys continue this week on the M20. There are currently 24 hour narrow lanes in place, and a 50mph speed restriction on the westbound carriageway between junctions 9 and 8. In addition, there will be a full westbound closure between junction 8 and 7 on Monday 17 September overnight between 8pm and 6am. On Tuesday 18 September there will be a full westbound closure between junctions 9 and 7 for six nights between 8pm and 6am. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via A20.
- LOWER THAMES CROSSING: Consultation enters its final week
- CRASH: Collision near Maidstone causing long delays in both directions
- Gritting Kent announce they will be treating all primary routes tonight
- Motorway crash causing long delays
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic signals in Maidstone
- ROAD CLOSED: Busy road near Maidstone SHUT for SIX DAYS from today
- Lorry and car collide on A229 - long delays
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Car crashes into Teston Bridge - massive congestion and delays