M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, closures and diversions next week
Friday 21st February 2020
THE contractors behind the SMART motorways work on the M20 have issued a statement of works for the next week.
The statement reads:
Works Information 24 February to 01 March
Work to reduce congestion and improve journey times continues this week with narrow lanes and a reduced speed limit of 50mph both coast and London bound 24/7. Free recovery service and speed enforcement are in place to ensure drivers and road workers safety.
Monday 24 February to 01 March (inclusive)
24, 25, 26, 27 - there will be full overnight closure of the M20 coastbound between junctions 4 and 6. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A228, M2, A229.
28, 29, 01 March - there will be a full overnight closure of the M20 London bound between junctions 6 and 4. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A228, M2, A229.
In addition to these closures detailed above there will be various lane 1 & 2 closures on the main M20 London bound and coastbound.
These closures are overnight only between 8pm and 6am.
- CHARGED: Snodland man Steven Seeley, 37, 'grabbed officer's throat'
- CORONAVIRUS: Firefighters see rise in bonfire 999 calls
- CORONAVIRUS: £25million to be awarded to Maidstone businesses
- CORONAVIRUS: Leeds Castle pays tribute to the NHS
- CORONAVIRUS: Help for domestic abuse victims in Kent
- BREAKING: Bearsted hit by six Coronavirus deaths
- GALLERY: Leeds artist to hold virtual tutorials and online shop
- Deer spotted on Weavering Heath last night