M20 ROADWORKS: Diversions, delays and disruption continues - full details
Friday 29th November 2019
THE M20's upgrade to a SMART motorway will cause headaches for drivers next week.
A statement from Highways England and the contractors says:
Work to reduce congestion and improve journey times continues this week with narrow lanes and a reduced speed limit of 50mph both coast and London bound 24/7. Free recovery service and speed enforcement are in place to ensure drivers and road workers safety.
Monday 02 December to 08 December (inclusive)
2, 3, 4, 5, 6- there will be full overnight closure of the M26 coastbound junction 2a to the M20, and the M20 London bound and coastbound between junctions 2 and 4. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A20.
On Saturday 07 December there will be a full weekend closure of the M20 London bound junction 4 entry slip from 6am through till Monday 09 December at 6am. A Clearly signed diversions will be in place via the next available junction.
In addition to these closures, detailed above there will be various lane 1 & 2 closures on the main M20 London bound and coastbound.
- BLAZE: Person injured in tumble dryer fire in Maidstone
- VOTE NOW: Should Lib Dem council suspend house-building programme?
- SURVEY: Find out how your MP rates in a new study
- LATEST: Busy road to shut for 10 nights in Maidstone
- CHARGED: Two men remain in custody over multiple car key burglaries in Maidstone
- M20: Police stop traffic to conduct migrant search in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Maidstone Crown Court evacuated after fire
- WARNING: Service road to shut in Maidstone