M20 ROADWORKS: Full details of schedule next week - official
Friday 6th March 2020
THE SMART motorway contractor and Highways England have issued the folowing statement regarding M20 works in the coming week.
09 March to 15 March
Work to reduce congestion and improve journey times continues this week with narrow lanes and a reduced speed limit of 50mph both coast and London bound 24/7. Free recovery service and speed enforcement are in place to ensure drivers and road workers safety.
Monday 09 March to 15 March (inclusive)
9, 10, 11, 12, 13 - there will be full overnight closure of the M20 coastbound and London bound between junctions 4 and 6. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A228, M2, A229.
14, 15 March - there will be a full overnight closure of the M20 London bound between junctions 6 and 4. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A229, M2, A228.
In addition to these closures detailed above there will be various lane 1 & 2 closures on the main M20 London bound and coastbound.
These closures are overnight only between 8pm and 6am.
- MURDER: MPs pay tribute to Sir David Amess following stabbing
- COVID: Wedding bookings expected to return to 'normal levels' next month
- WILDLIFE: Daddy long legs in 'harmless' invasion
- MAIDSTONE: Brothers keep sporting ambition in the family
- SURVEY: Speeding is 'routine' in Bearsted
- LATEST: Biffa 'sorry' for noisy pre-dawn collections across Maidstone
- WEST MALLING: Unsafe lime trees to be felled at church
- LATEST: Mosque 'will be place for whole community'