M20 ROADWORKS: Summary of closures in the coming week
Friday 14th February 2020
HIGHWAYS England and the contractors behind the SMART motorway works have issued this statement about roadworks in the coming week.
The statement reads:
Weekly Update on SMP M20 Programmed Work
17 February to 23 February
Work to reduce congestion and improve journey times continues this week with narrow lanes and a reduced speed limit of 50mph both coast and London bound 24/7. Free recovery service and speed enforcement are in place to ensure drivers and road workers safety.
Monday 17 February to 23 February (inclusive)
17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 - there will be full overnight closure of the M20 coastbound and London bound between junctions 4 and 2. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A229, M2, A228.
23 - there will be a full overnight closure of the M20 coastbound between junctions 4 and 6. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A228, M2, A229. There will also be a full overnight closure of the M20 London bound between junctions 4 and 2. A clearly signed diversion will in place via the A20.
In addition to these closures detailed above there will be various lane 1 & 2 closures on the main M20 London bound and coastbound.
These closures are overnight only between 8pm and 6am.
- WE'RE BACK AND OPEN FOR BUSINESS
- OTHAM HOUSING: Second councillor withdraws from crunch meeting on Monday
- Who is to blame for mystery Mote Park sewage stench?
- TRAFFIC DELAYS: Temporary lights on main road in Maidstone
- ROADS: Six schemes to improve highways in Maidstone meet with objections
- CRASH: Motorists face rush hour delays following crash near Maidstone
- OTHAM HOUSING: Councillor Gordon Newton pulls out ahead of crunch homes vote
- LATEST: Yalding Hill to shut