M20 ROADWORKS: Summary of closures in the coming week
Friday 14th February 2020
HIGHWAYS England and the contractors behind the SMART motorway works have issued this statement about roadworks in the coming week.
The statement reads:
Weekly Update on SMP M20 Programmed Work
17 February to 23 February
Work to reduce congestion and improve journey times continues this week with narrow lanes and a reduced speed limit of 50mph both coast and London bound 24/7. Free recovery service and speed enforcement are in place to ensure drivers and road workers safety.
Monday 17 February to 23 February (inclusive)
17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 - there will be full overnight closure of the M20 coastbound and London bound between junctions 4 and 2. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A229, M2, A228.
23 - there will be a full overnight closure of the M20 coastbound between junctions 4 and 6. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A228, M2, A229. There will also be a full overnight closure of the M20 London bound between junctions 4 and 2. A clearly signed diversion will in place via the A20.
In addition to these closures detailed above there will be various lane 1 & 2 closures on the main M20 London bound and coastbound.
These closures are overnight only between 8pm and 6am.
- AWARDS: Officers honoured for bravery following West Malling murder
- BOAT BLAZE: Seven fire engines tackle mystery fire in Maidstone
- BOAT FIRE UPDATE: Blaze sparks warning to close windows and doors in Maidstone
- LATEST: Floating restaurant goes up in flames in Maidstone
- BREAKING : Floating restaurant on fire on Medway at Maidstone - details
- Busy road to shut for TWO NIGHTS in Maidstone
- OVERNIGHT: Carriageway closure in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Police helicopter called to locate 'distressed man' in Maidstone