M20 ROADWORKS: more disruption in the next seven days
Friday 6th December 2019
MOTORISTS face more misery in the next seven days as work on the M20 continues.
The upgrade to SMART status will mean full closures, speed limits and diversions.
A statement from the contractors and Highways England reads:
Work to reduce congestion and improve journey times continues this week with narrow lanes and a reduced speed limit of 50mph both coast and London bound 24/7. Free recovery service and speed enforcement are in place to ensure drivers and road workers safety.
Monday 09 December to 15 December (inclusive)
9, 10, 11, 12, 13 there will be full overnight closure of the M26 coastbound junction 2a to the M20, and the M20 London bound and coastbound between junctions 2 and 4. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A20.
On Saturday 14 December there will be a full weekend closure of the M20 London bound junction 4 entry slip from 6am through till Monday 16 December at 6am. A Clearly signed diversions will be in place via the next available junction.
In addition to these closures, detailed above there will be various lane 1 & 2 closures on the main M20 London bound and coastbound.
- Plan to buy farmland to increase wildlife habitat near Maidstone
- Father reunites with daughter after 56 years through Facebook
- LATEST: Burst water main shuts busy road in Leeds
- MAIDSTONE BLAZE: Fire crews called after burner incident - full details
- FLOODING: Environment Agency issue flood warning across Maidstone
- More mobile homes arrive on farmland off A249 near Maidstone
- Government hands council £375,000 to help Maidstone's homeless
- APPEAL: Teddy bear found in park near Maidstone - is it yours?