M20 UPDATE: Major delays as congestion builds on blocked motorway
Tuesday 22nd January 2019
The M20 is still fully closed eastbound between J9 and J10.
It was also closed westbound temporarily, but all open again.
There is still traffic caught within the closure, and continues to be turned and released.
One social media user wrote: “Gridlocked all the way to junction 8 coast bound.”
Steve Wood wrote: "Junction 9 exit roundabout not moved for over an hour!"
Highways England said: “The M20 is fully closed eastbound between J9 and J10. Traffic caught within the closure is now being released past the scene in lane 3.
"If you're in heavy traffic in Ashford .. be aware that the A28 Canterbury Road overbridge over the #M20 is now OPEN."
- GUILTY: Anita French of Coxheath in court for assaulting two police officers
- MOST WANTED: Martin Shingles, 29, wanted in connection to Maidstone robbery
- MOTORWAY DELAYS: Works causing disruption to M20 and M2 - full details
- GUILTY: Jarrad Hargreaves cheats jail for racist and violent attacks
- Police release CCTV image following Maidstone charity box theft
- Maidstone crematorium to live broadcast funerals
- FOG WARNING: Motorists in Maidstone told to take care on roads
- Excited Mayor opens children's play area near Maidstone