M20 UPDATE: Major delays as congestion builds on blocked motorway
Tuesday 22nd January 2019
The M20 is still fully closed eastbound between J9 and J10.
It was also closed westbound temporarily, but all open again.
There is still traffic caught within the closure, and continues to be turned and released.
One social media user wrote: “Gridlocked all the way to junction 8 coast bound.”
Steve Wood wrote: "Junction 9 exit roundabout not moved for over an hour!"
Highways England said: “The M20 is fully closed eastbound between J9 and J10. Traffic caught within the closure is now being released past the scene in lane 3.
"If you're in heavy traffic in Ashford .. be aware that the A28 Canterbury Road overbridge over the #M20 is now OPEN."
- BLOCKED: 'Medical emergency' blocks busy lane in Maidstone
- Bearsted FC unveils new look home ground after £60,000 facelift
- Two more arrested in Maidstone as part of police clampdown on knife crime
- CRASH: Main road blocked following collision near Maidstone
- POLITICS: Ann Widdecombe to stand in Euro polls for Brexit Party
- Volunteer officers seize cocaine, cannabis and cash from Maidstone drug dealers
- TRAFFIC: Lane closure on busy main road causing long delays in Maidstone
- CRASH: Collision blocks motorway near Maidstone