M20 UPDATE: Major delays as congestion builds on blocked motorway
Tuesday 22nd January 2019
The M20 is still fully closed eastbound between J9 and J10.
It was also closed westbound temporarily, but all open again.
There is still traffic caught within the closure, and continues to be turned and released.
One social media user wrote: “Gridlocked all the way to junction 8 coast bound.”
Steve Wood wrote: "Junction 9 exit roundabout not moved for over an hour!"
Highways England said: “The M20 is fully closed eastbound between J9 and J10. Traffic caught within the closure is now being released past the scene in lane 3.
"If you're in heavy traffic in Ashford .. be aware that the A28 Canterbury Road overbridge over the #M20 is now OPEN."
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home