M20: new junction planned - public consultation
Wednesday 21st September 2016
Proposals for a new junction on the M20 at have gone out to public consultation.
Drivers, residents and businesses are now able to make representations on Highways England’s proposals to build a connection between the M20 and A2070 near Ashford.
HA says the junction is proposed approximately 700 metres east of the existing junction 10 near Ashford in Kent.
It will use two bridges and connect to the existing A20 and a new dual carriageway link road built to the A2070 near Sevington.
An HA spokesman said: "It follows the acceptance on Thursday August 11 2016 of the application for a development consent order by the Planning Inspectorate.
"Any representations giving notice of any interest in or objection to the application must be made on the Planning Inspectorate’s registration and relevant representation form, which can be accessed and completed online:
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- CUSTODY: Woman, 31, uses pram to 'steal items from various stores' in Maidstone