M2 fatal crash - Kent Police need witnesses
Friday 16th June 2017
Kent Police are appealing for witnesses to a fatal collision on the M2 near Faversham this morning (June 16).
A van and motorcycle were involved in a collision on the coast-bound carriageway between junctions 6 and 7 just after 8.20am on Friday 16 June 2017.
The motorcyclist, a man aged in his 20s from Medway, was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
The carriageway was closed until 2.30pm while the road was cleared and a forensic investigation was carried out.
The incident caused severe delays and motorists are thanked for their patience.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or the moments leading up to it are asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01622 798538.
Police would also like to hear from anyone who may have footage caught on a dashcam or other device that may assist their investigation.
- 20/03/2018 - Police release CCTV images over Maidstone cannabis factory
- 20/03/2018 - Stones swoop to bring in Hull City striker
- 20/03/2018 - Water plans for Aylesford Newsprint site on display
- 19/03/2018 - Warnings of delays after M20 accident
- 19/03/2018 - Roadworks cancelled due to cold weather
- 19/03/2018 - Plea for allotment owners to contact police after thefts
- 16/03/2018 - ATTEMPTED MURDER: Man stabbed at house a after four-man break-in
- 16/03/2018 - CLOSURE: Busy Maidstone road to be shut - full details