MAIDSTONE MOGGIE: Missing Frank home after years as a stray
Friday 23rd July 2021
A MAIDSTONE moggie has been reunited with his owner after going missing four years ago and living as a stray 45 miles away.
Owner Kayleigh Beadle burst into tears when she heard the news over the phone, having feared her beloved pet, Frank, was dead.
She made every effort to find Frank, now 11, with multiple social media posts and an online campaign.
The Basildon, Brentwood & District Branch of Cats Protection was called after Frank was spotted living under some bushes in a garden in Basildon.
When the volunteers trapped and scanned Frank, they found out his name and that he had been reported missing in 2017.
It was only by tracking down his registered surgery after calls to vets in Maidstone that they discovered his owner had moved 18 months previously.
With only a surname to go on, the Cats Protection team upped their game even further by calling local estate agents in an effort to find the owner’s new address.
Charlotte Boddy, of the Chelmsford adoption centre, said: “We go all out when faced with a cat who needs to be reunited with an owner who must be missing him.
“Kayleigh was over the moon. It was quite emotional and everyone was a bit teary as we could hear how much she missed him. It was a very happy moment.”
Mrs Beadle said: “It wasn’t the news we expected after four years missing. Honestly, we thought he was gone for good, possibly passed away. So we were pretty shocked, to be honest. Both me and my eldest son were in floods of tears on the phone.
“Frank has pretty much settled in as if nothing has happened. I still have the brush I used on him as a kitten and as soon as I got it out, he rushed over and rubbed his face against it. He knew he was home with his family and he was safe. It’s so wonderful to have him back.”
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone