MAIDSTONE UNITED: Caretaker bosses will learn their fate tomorrow
Monday 7th January 2019
MAIDSTONE United's caretaker management team of Tristan Lewis and Simon Walton will find out tomorrow whether they will be kept on.
A meeting of the Stones' board will decide if the three games they have had in charge has been enough to grant them more permanent roles.
They have managed two wins out of three matches since the sacking of Harry Wheeler, whose reign left the club rooted to the bottom of the National League.
The Stones beat Hartlepool United and Boreham Wood away but lost at home under the caretaker partners.
Wheeler left the club by mutual consent after being beaten by fellow strugglers Dover Atheletic on Boxing Day. Angry fans called for him to be sacked.
But performances have improved since his departure and the fans remain behind the players.
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- CUSTODY: Woman, 31, uses pram to 'steal items from various stores' in Maidstone