MBE, medals and six shotguns stolen from house
Monday 31st October 2016
Medals and six shotguns have been stolen from a house in East Sutton.
Officers investigating a reported burglary are appealing for anyone with information to get in contact.
It is reported that between 9.45am and 3.30pm on Wednesday October 26, a property in Morry Lane was targeted. A cabinet containing six shotguns is reported to have been taken.
It is also reported that medals, including the Star of Burma war medal and an MBE, were stolen.
Detective Constable Suzanne Basford, the investigating officer for this case, said: ‘This burglary took place during daylight hours and I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area and believes they saw anything suspicious.
‘I would also encourage members of the public to be vigilant and contact us if they believe they have been offered any of these items for sale. We believe that the MBE was awarded in 1953 and this date was engraved on it.
‘You can report anything suspicious to us on 01622 604100 quoting YY/023871/16.
‘Alternatively contact Kent Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.’
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CCTV APPEAL: Car with false number plates linked to Maidstone fuel theft
- LATEST: Person hit by train at West Malling railway station
- BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
- HAZLITT LATEST: Maidstone performers share their talents to unite theatre-lovers
- CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
- BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
- HOUSING: Otham 440-houses appeal closes - Maidstone awaits its fate