MP Helen Grant backs hospitality sector with hotel visit
Friday 2nd July 2021
MAIDSTONE MP Helen Grant visited Hilton Maidstone to show her support for the hospitality industry, signalling that county town is open for business following months of restrictions.
Mrs Grant toured the hotel and met a number of the hotel’s 82 employees, many of whom recently returned from furlough.
She saw the work that the hotel had carried out to prepare for reopening, including retraining staff and implementing Hilton’s hygiene programme to ensure the safety and welfare of guests and team members.
Katja Harjanne, general manager at Hilton Maidstone said: “It was a real pleasure to show Helen Grant around the hotel and thank her for her support. Everyone at the hotel is delighted to be able to reopen, serve our community and welcome business and leisure guests once again.”
Mrs Grant said: “The hospitality and tourism industries have faced unprecedented challenges during the pandemic and it’s vital we do all we can to support them. It was great to visit Hilton Maidstone and heart-warming to see this important employer welcome staff back and safely reopen its doors to guests.”
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone