MP Tracey Crouch takes on new job
Friday 16th June 2017
AYLESFORD MP Tracey Crouch has been named as the new charities minister.
Already sports minister, she has been given the brief for charities and social enterprises, but has dropped arts, heritage and tourism from her portfolio as part of the reshuffle after the general election.
Miss Crouch has been at the Department for Culture, Media and Sport since 2015, adjusted her Twitter profile to read “sports and civil society minister”.
She said she “couldn’t be happier” with her new role and was looking forward to being an advocate for the positive impact of charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises.”
The previous charities minister, Rob Wilson, held the appointment for three years until losing his seat at last week’s general election.
- 20/03/2018 - Police release CCTV images over Maidstone cannabis factory
- 20/03/2018 - Stones swoop to bring in Hull City striker
- 20/03/2018 - Water plans for Aylesford Newsprint site on display
- 19/03/2018 - Warnings of delays after M20 accident
- 19/03/2018 - Roadworks cancelled due to cold weather
- 19/03/2018 - Plea for allotment owners to contact police after thefts
- 16/03/2018 - ATTEMPTED MURDER: Man stabbed at house a after four-man break-in
- 16/03/2018 - CLOSURE: Busy Maidstone road to be shut - full details