MPs back call to strip Sir Philip Green of his knighthood
Thursday 20th October 2016
MPs have backed calls for former BHS owner Sir Philip Green to be stripped of his knighthood.
The motion is not binding as any final decision would have to be taken by the Honours Forfeiture Committee.
BHS was sold by Sir Philip last year, but then collapsed with the loss of 11,000 jobs and carrying a £571m pension deficit.
The store in Maidstone was shut in the summer with dozens of jobs - full and part time - lost.
MPs backed the non-binding motion unopposed, meaning no full vote was needed.
- LATEST: Confusing parking and fines 'driving trade away' from village
- HOUSING CRISIS: Indy councillors call for Local Plan review extension
- URGENT APPEAL: Two miniature dachshunds stolen in East Farleigh burglary
- XMAS: Tony Hudgell to sing carols with the Duchess of Cambridge tomorrow
- BREAKING: Crash blocks main road in Maidstone - details
- CLOSING: NatWest to shut next year in West Malling
- OPEN: Tesco shop and petrol station is back in business
- GAS WORKS: Temporary lights on main road in Aylesford