MURDER: Five arrested over death of man in Maidstone
Monday 11th February 2019
POLICE have launched a murder hunt after the death of a man in Maidstone in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Five people have been arrested in connection with the ncident and are in custody.
A woman in her 30s was taken to hospital for treatment.
A police spokesman said: "Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate have launched a murder investigation following the death of a man in Maidstone.
"Kent Police was called to a report of a disturbance outside a property in Knightrider Street at around midnight on Saturday 9 February 2019.
"A man in his 30s had suffered serious injuries and died at the scene. A woman, also in her 30s, was taken to a local hospital for treatment. Her injuries are not believed to be serious.
"Five people have been arrested in connection with the incident and remain in police custody, they are:
• A 37-year-old man from Croydon
• A 17-year-old boy from London
• A 27-year-old man from Surrey
• A 39-year-old man from London
• A 37-year-old man from Maidstone
"It is understood the victims and the suspects are known to one another."
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home