MURDER LATEST: Man to appear in court today
Tuesday 12th February 2019
A 39-year-old man has been charged with murder following the death of a man in Maidstone.
Wesley Adyinka, 37, died following an incident near his home in Knightrider Street during the early hours of Sunday, 10 February 2019.
He suffered injuries consistent with a stabbing but the cause of death will not be established until a post-mortem examination tomorrow.
A woman in her 30s also suffered suspected stab wounds during the incident but was not seriously injured and has since been discharged from hospital.
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate have been investigating the incident and arrested five people in connection with Mr Adyinka’s death.
The Crown Prosecution Service has now authorised charges of murder and GBH against Kevin Roach, 39, of Peace Close in South Norwood, London.
He will appear before Medway magistrates today.
Four other men, a 37-year-old from Croydon, a 27-year-old from Surrey, a 37-year-old from Maidstone and a 17 year old from London have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home