MURDER LATEST: Man to appear in court today
Tuesday 12th February 2019
A 39-year-old man has been charged with murder following the death of a man in Maidstone.
Wesley Adyinka, 37, died following an incident near his home in Knightrider Street during the early hours of Sunday, 10 February 2019.
He suffered injuries consistent with a stabbing but the cause of death will not be established until a post-mortem examination tomorrow.
A woman in her 30s also suffered suspected stab wounds during the incident but was not seriously injured and has since been discharged from hospital.
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate have been investigating the incident and arrested five people in connection with Mr Adyinka’s death.
The Crown Prosecution Service has now authorised charges of murder and GBH against Kevin Roach, 39, of Peace Close in South Norwood, London.
He will appear before Medway magistrates today.
Four other men, a 37-year-old from Croydon, a 27-year-old from Surrey, a 37-year-old from Maidstone and a 17 year old from London have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
- GUILTY: Anita French of Coxheath in court for assaulting two police officers
- MOST WANTED: Martin Shingles, 29, wanted in connection to Maidstone robbery
- MOTORWAY DELAYS: Works causing disruption to M20 and M2 - full details
- GUILTY: Jarrad Hargreaves cheats jail for racist and violent attacks
- Police release CCTV image following Maidstone charity box theft
- Maidstone crematorium to live broadcast funerals
- FOG WARNING: Motorists in Maidstone told to take care on roads
- Excited Mayor opens children's play area near Maidstone