MURDER LATEST: Man to appear in court today
Tuesday 12th February 2019
A 39-year-old man has been charged with murder following the death of a man in Maidstone.
Wesley Adyinka, 37, died following an incident near his home in Knightrider Street during the early hours of Sunday, 10 February 2019.
He suffered injuries consistent with a stabbing but the cause of death will not be established until a post-mortem examination tomorrow.
A woman in her 30s also suffered suspected stab wounds during the incident but was not seriously injured and has since been discharged from hospital.
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate have been investigating the incident and arrested five people in connection with Mr Adyinka’s death.
The Crown Prosecution Service has now authorised charges of murder and GBH against Kevin Roach, 39, of Peace Close in South Norwood, London.
He will appear before Medway magistrates today.
Four other men, a 37-year-old from Croydon, a 27-year-old from Surrey, a 37-year-old from Maidstone and a 17 year old from London have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
- BLOCKED: 'Medical emergency' blocks busy lane in Maidstone
- Bearsted FC unveils new look home ground after £60,000 facelift
- Two more arrested in Maidstone as part of police clampdown on knife crime
- CRASH: Main road blocked following collision near Maidstone
- POLITICS: Ann Widdecombe to stand in Euro polls for Brexit Party
- Volunteer officers seize cocaine, cannabis and cash from Maidstone drug dealers
- TRAFFIC: Lane closure on busy main road causing long delays in Maidstone
- CRASH: Collision blocks motorway near Maidstone