MURDER TRIAL: Another juror getting tested after Covid-19 outbreak in Maidstone
Wednesday 11th November 2020
ANOTHER juror in a murder trial is being tested for coronavirus after "feeling unwell".
The jury was sent home on Tuesday after three jurors tested positive for Covid-19.
The outbreak came in the final week of the trial of Kieron Nicholson (29) who has denied stabbing dad-of-three Jamie Simmons.
Judge Philip Statman said an emergency meeting is being held next week with Public Health England to determine if the court is Covid compliant.
He said: "Yesterday, another member of the jury has called in to say they are unwell.
"The individual has been tested and we are pending the results.
"I am very keen to keep this case up and running as it is such an important case."
- URGENT APPEAL: Boy, 18, dies in hospital after crash in Maidstone
- DETAILS: Bin collection days to change as routes grow in Maidstone
- DETAILS: Roads to shut in Staplehurst for emergency gas works
- DETAILS: New building to replace much-loved community centre in Maidstone
- LATEST: Council considers new rules to control street busking
- DETAILS: Scout group needs new leaders and helpers
- LATEST: Plan for 60 flats on Somerfield Hospital site agreed
- WARNING: Burst water pipe shuts busy road in Bearsted