MURDER TRIAL: 'I felt Jamie Simmons' blood on my back after stabbing' - fiancee
Wednesday 21st October 2020
THE fiancée of a devoted dad stabbed to death through the heart wept as she relived the final moments of his life this morning.
A jury heard how father of three Jamie Simmons (29) identified his attacker as childhood friend Kieron Nicholson (29) moments before he died on May 4.
Charlotte Muddiman, who shared an 11-week-old daughter with Mr Simmons, said she could feel “the wetness of his blood” on her back as she attempted to shield him from getting hurt.
A fight erupted after another man allegedly made a crude remark to Mr Simmons about Miss Muddiman.
Miss Muddiman took a break from evidence at Maidstone Crown Court as she described how the blood stain got larger and larger on Mr Simmons’ vest although he was still able to stand.
She said how Mr Simmons and Mr Nicholson had been “catching up and reminiscing on school days” just moments before the attack.
Later outside the family home, as she lifted up his vest, she shouted to a neighbour, called Rick: "Jamie's been stabbed."
As paramedics battled to save Mr Simmons' life, police arrested the defendant but protested at the scene: "It wasn't me."
Miss Muddiman screamed back: "Yes, it was. You killed him. You had the knife."
Kieron Nicholson, 29, of Vicarage Lane, East Farleigh, is on trial before Judge Philip Statman accused of murder.
The trial, expected to last four weeks, continues.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CCTV APPEAL: Car with false number plates linked to Maidstone fuel theft
- LATEST: Person hit by train at West Malling railway station
- BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
- HAZLITT LATEST: Maidstone performers share their talents to unite theatre-lovers
- CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
- BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
- HOUSING: Otham 440-houses appeal closes - Maidstone awaits its fate