MURDER TRIAL: Trial continues today of man accused of killing Jamie Simmons
Wednesday 21st October 2020
THE trial continues today of a man accused of murdering Maidstone devoted dad Jamie Simmons earlier this year.
The hearing started yesterday with the prosecution's case and is due to take evidence from witnesses this morning.
The jury at Maidstone Crown Court heard how father of three Mr Simmons (29) died during an argument on May 4 at an address in Wells House, Cambridge Crescent, Shepway, Maidstone.
Kieron Nicholson, 29, of Vicarage Lane, East Farleigh, is on trial accused of murdering Mr Simmons by stabbing him through the heart.
Tha trial, expected to last four weeks, continues.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CCTV APPEAL: Car with false number plates linked to Maidstone fuel theft
- LATEST: Person hit by train at West Malling railway station
- BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
- HAZLITT LATEST: Maidstone performers share their talents to unite theatre-lovers
- CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
- BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
- HOUSING: Otham 440-houses appeal closes - Maidstone awaits its fate