MURDER: Trial into Roy Blackman's killing starts
Monday 5th September 2016
The trial of a man accused of murdering widower Roy Blackman is due to start today.
Mr Blackman, 73, was killed at his bungalow at Biddenden in March.
Mark Love, 38, of Staplehurst, is the sole defendant in the trial at Maidstone Crown Court, although eight men were held in connection with the death.
Love, of Frittenden Road, is also charged with aggravated burglary in connection.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- REMEMBRANCE: Where to find your poppy this year - details
- DUMPED: Dozens of chickens left in village near Maidstone, says RSPCA
- WANTED: Police search for suspect in burglary and assault at service station
- FREE SCHOOL MEALS: County council offers £15 per child to avoid half-term hunger
- SINKHOLE DRAMA: Another land collapse in Barming - close to new homes
- 999 ALERT: Woman injured sparks major emergency scramble - details
- PAUL HOOKER: A mass of floral tributes to local man who died in crash