MURDER: Wes Adyinka 'died after stabbing' in Maidstone - two remain in custody
Monday 11th February 2019
POLICE continue to hold two people arrested at the weekend for the murder of a man in Maidstone early on Saturday morning.
Daily Downs Mail understands Wes Adyinka was stabbed after a disturbance outside a property in Knightrider Street in the early hours.
Police were called at around midnight on Saturday February 9, 2019.
Mr Adyinka, who was in his 30s, suffered serious injuries and died at the scene. A woman, also in her 30s, was taken to a local hospital for treatment. Her injuries are not believed to be serious.
Five people in total were arrested in connection with the incident, including a 17-year-old boy and a 39-year-old man, both from London, who remain in custody.
Three other men, a 37-year-old from Croydon, a 27-year-old from Surrey and a 37-year-old from Maidstone, have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
It is understood the victims and the suspects are known to one another.
Anyone with information or who witnessed the incident should contact Kent Police on 01303 289600 quoting reference 10-0017. Alternatively call Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- M20: Highways England issues weekly list of disruptions and delays
- SCHOOLS: Council resists public protests and passes M20 application
- BLAZE: Victim suffers facial burns in out of control bonfire near Maidstone
- WARNING: Emergency road closure on busy road in Maidstone
- FOUND: Police arrest man in connection to Land Rover theft near Maidstone
- UPDATE: Motorway re-opens after two car collision
- CRASH: Air ambulance crew arrive to help person trapped inside overturned car
- M20: Broken down lorry blocks lane on motorway in Maidstone