MU MU BLAZE LATEST: Fire investigators at the scene
Wednesday 14th July 2021
FIRE investigators have been drafted into the scene of the Mu Mu blaze to establish the cause.
The popular restaurant and nightclub in Week Street went up in flames overnight sparking a massive Kent Fire and Rescue Service was launched.
Fifteen fire trucks and dozens of crew were on the scene as was Kent Police.
KFRS is still at the scene of the fire but it has now been contained.
A KFRS statement said: "Eight fire engines and a height vehicle remain at the scene of a fire in a nightclub and restaurant in Week Street, Maidstone.
"The fire is now under control, and previous advice for people living and working nearby to close windows and doors due to smoke, has been lifted.
"Members of the public are still being asked to avoid the area where possible, while crews and other agencies work at the scene. There are no reported casualties, and a fire investigation will be carried out to establish the cause."
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone